Canton's Youth Advisory Council (YAC) continues to assert itself as an influential group of students that truly make a difference in their community by particpating in service projects, special events, local decision making, and more. The YAC Fund is used to make grants to area nonprofit organizations that support families and youth. YAC solicits grant requests, evaluates the grants, and selects the grantees.
Youth Advisory Council of Canton, MI (YAC) is designed instill philanthropy in the community's youth. Members of Canton's YAC have worked hard over the past year to raise funds to contribute to their endowment fund, and now they would like to return some of those proceeds to their fellow youth by offering mini-grants for youth-driven projects.
These grant opportunities are catered to classroom projects or community youth groups and provide a valuable lesson to those students who participate in the grant application and writing process. Below is an outline of key information for you to share:
▪ Suggested grant request is $100 to $1,000.
▪ Beneficiaries of grant funds must be 19 years or younger.
▪ Program must serve youth in the Plymouth-Canton area.
▪ Each application will be thoroughly reviewed by Canton’s YAC, made up of Canton Community High School students.
▪ All applicants will be notified of the Youth Advisory Council’s decisions.
Applications are due no later than 5:00pm on Friday, March 31, 2023.
For questions or more information, contact Chelsea Straub at 734-394-5361.