Giving Hope's 2023 Grant Cycle Is Open Now Through April 14, 2023!
Giving Hope, Women's Giving Circle efforts are focused on helping in the local community, reaching and assisting women, children, and their families in need.
The members and patrons of Giving Hope have granted more than $100,000 to local organizations that serve women and families in need since its inception in 2006.
Grants will only be awarded to qualifying 501(c)3 organizations serving women and children in Western Wayne County.
Click here to fill out the application
Giving Hope Grant Making Principles:
- To benefit women and their families.
- To encourage programs which are collaborative, comprehensive and have the potential to be continuous.
- To encourage leveraging and matching grant opportunities from multiple funders.
- To support "seed" money opportunities for innovative projects.
- To encourage the self-sufficiency and well-being of women and their families.
Applicant Organization Criteria:
- Must be a nonprofit 501(c)3 with a current State of Michigan license to solicit, if applicable.
- Must meet the mission of Giving Hope.
- Must have a specific project or program for which the funding is being requested.
- Must have clear objectives.
What Giving Hope Will (Generally) Not Fund:
While Giving Hope, Women's Giving Circle remains flexible in trying to meet community needs, the following are areas that will generally not be considered for funding at this time:
- Routine operating expenses
- Travel, tours or trips
- Endowment campaigns
- Special fundraising events and sponsorships
- Organizations that do not provide services to the greater Canton and Plymouth, Michigan area
- Religious organizations for religious purposes or political organizations
- Existing obligations or debts/liabilities
- Issues that divide us, not unite us